Hey guys, I wanted to let you know about a project I am helping a friend with. Russell Elkins, author of Open Adoption, Open Heart and Open Arms, was asked by Adoption.com to gather stories from domestic adoptive parents for a book they are putting together. This book will feature about 25 chapters, each telling a story and giving one piece of advice about adoption that you would give someone just entering adoption. Each author’s submission will be a stand alone chapter. If this is something you’d be interested in doing, please see the criteria below:
- Must be an adoptive parent or potential adoptive parent through domestic adoption.
- The entry cannot have previously (or if selected, in the future) posted to any blog, article or book.
- Must be approximately 1500 words.
- Must lend “one piece of advice”.
- Can submit using real name, pseudonym or anonymous.
- Permission from anyone named in the submission, otherwise change names or use generic terms like “my son, birth mom, husband, wife” etc.
- Due ASAP, we are behind schedule.
This is an unpaid project that will serve as an educational piece to help future adoptive families through Adoption.com. Time is of the essence for this project. It is behind schedule and we are looking for 5 additional entries to quickly complete this project. Please email me your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in Russell’s books about adoption, please visit my book review’s page to see a description and a link to purchase his books. Thanks!